Charlize Theron was the epitome of beauty at the Oscar’s this year. Perhaps it was her unconventional pixie cut that garnered so much attention, but if you look closely, her flawless skin and nude makeup is what enabled her to pull it off. This effortless look made us believe in natural beauty, but the secret is the excellent canvas on which to apply makeup. Here is how to achieve the perfect skin “canvas” in a skin care routine of 6 simple steps:
- Freshen your skin! Begin with an exfoliator as little as a week in advance. We prefer Alpha Hydroxy Acids for ongoing maintenance. They smooth roughness by removing dead cells pronto.
- Brighten dullness. Try an illuminating serum to brighten skin, even out skin tone, and fade out sun damage.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Moisturizer is essential to creating a youthful glow and creates a perfect base for your foundation.
- Use your fingers to apply your foundation. This allows you to build coverage and won’t remove your moisturizer base. If your skin is in fairly good shape, select a lightweight foundation or BB Cream infused with antioxidants, minerals and hydrating properties. The key is to let your natural beauty be seen. If your skin needs a little TLC, try a dual foundation/powder to minimize imperfections or for perfect coverage, try a custom blended foundation.
- Plump and perfect your lips prior to makeup. Smooth and remove dead skin cells with a lip pumice.
- Apply a makeup setting spray to add a dewy finish while locking your foundation in place. Try best-selling “10 Years Younger Makeup Setting Spray“.
Email us for a complimentary skin evaluation and personalized makeup recommendations.